What true maturity looks like
1. What stood out to you in the message?
2. What is the biggest lesson that you learned as a child? The lesson that impacted you most as you matured?
3. Read 1 John 2:12-14. What do you think are the distinguishing characteristics between the spiritual maturity of one like a child, and young person, and a parent/grandparent? What makes one “less or more mature” than the others?
4. In your own spiritual maturity, do you feel more like a toddler, a child, a teenager, an adult, or an older adult? Why?
5. How has the understanding that “your sins are forgiven for His name’s sake” (1 John 2:12) helped you grow in your relationship with Jesus?
6. How has God shown you that “you are strong, and the word of God abides in you, and you have overcome the evil one”? How has this impacted your faith?
7. How can you grow in your maturity in Jesus? (Hint: Read Hebrews 5:12-6:3 and 1 Peter 2:1-3)
1 John 1-5