We needed rescuing and need rescuing
1. What stood out to you in the message?
2. How do you feel when someone cuts you off in traffic or in a long line? How do you want to react? How do you actually react? Why?
3. Pastor Chad spoke about how John (1 John 5:1-5) and Paul (Galatians 5:13-26) both connect one’s righteousness before God to the way that they love others. How does our love for others reflect our righteousness and closeness to God?
4. Using 1 John 5:1-3, how are you doing at loving others? How does your obedience to God affect your love for others?
5. How often are you prompted to pray for someone you see struggling with temptation and sin? Who has prayed for you in the past and how did it help you?
6. Pastor Chad said that following God is not just following the list of “do not’s” found in Galatians 5:20-21 (and other passages), but is also following the list of “do’s” found in Galatians 5:22-26. How can you follow the list of “do not’s” more closely? How can you follow the list of “do’s” more closely?
7. Which spiritual fruit is “blossoming” in your life? Which are still “in the bud”?
Scripture Passages: James 4-5, 1 Peter 1-3