The Word Part 4, Jeremiah 29 and Philippians 4
1. What stood out to you in the message?
2. Have you ever heard or read someone misquote another person? Or take what they said out of context to make it sound like they were saying something that they didn’t say? How is this wrong?
3. Pastor Chad gave two passages that are commonly quoted out of context (Jeremiah 29:11 and Philippians 4:13). How does the context change how we interpret these two passages?
4. What other passages have you heard used out of context?
5. What is the difference between the Bible prescribing something versus describing something? How does this difference affect how you read God’s Word?
6. What have you learned so far in this message series that has challenged you in your reading and studying of God’s Word?
2 Corinthians 12-13, Galatians 1-3