The Letter to the Church in Pergamum
1. What stood out to you in the message?
2. Have you ever eaten something that was tainted with something disgusting, or eaten something that had gone bad? What was your reaction to it?
3. What do you think the Christians in Pergamum are having to deal with (Rev. 2:13)?
4. What are their strengths and temptations?
5. Which do you think is easier to endure: persecution by enemies for your faith OR the seduction to conform to the sins of the culture? Why?
6. What cultural influences distract you the most from living for Jesus? How subtle are these influences? How direct?
7. What weapons has Jesus given you to battle these influences?
Scripture Passages: Mark 3-7