The Church, Part 22 – Acts 16
What is your purpose in life?
1. What stood out to you in the message?
2. How did Jesus open your heart to respond to the Gospel? Who did He use as part of that process?
3. Why should the conversions of Lydia, the slave girl, and the jailer give us hope in our own salvation? What do these conversions say about God’s desire for all to come to know Him?
4. Read Acts 16:33-34. What does tell us about the jailer’s life-change? What does it tell us about how we are to treat others as a result of our relationship with Jesus?
5. Paul wrote a letter to the church that is established in this chapter of Acts. The letter is the found in our Bibles as the book of Philippians. Read Philippians 1:9-11. How is God at work in the church according to this passage? How does this this make you feel about uncertainties in your life?
6. Pastor Chad said that we exist for the Gospel, and Paul’s use of his citizenship demonstrates that. Who has given up their “rights” in order to better represent Jesus to you? When have you given up your “rights” in order to better represent Jesus to others? How can you do so now?
7. Pastor Chad asked the question, “Why do you exist?” How would you answer that question? If you were arrested for being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you? If not, what needs to change?
Scripture Passages: Luke 7-16