The Church, Part 23 – Acts 17
What is your purpose in life?
1. What stood out to you in the message?
2. If someone made a statue of you, what pose would be most appropriate? What inscription?
3. How did the Bereans study the Scriptures (how often, in what setting, with what purpose)? How should this example shape how you study the Scriptures?
4. Paul showed some serious versatility when sharing the Gospel. Why is it important to be flexible with HOW you share your faith with different types of people with different types of backgrounds?
5. Paul got upset at the different idols that he saw throughout Athens. What are some of the idols around you and in our society? What idols do you struggle with in your own life?
6. Pastor Chad challenged us to love the Lord with all of our minds. What practices do you have in your life that helps you grow your mind in Jesus and grow your mind to better lead others to Jesus?
7. Like the Athenian Philosophers, whom do you know who has very little, or no background in the Gospel? Could you share the Gospel with them the way Paul shared with the philosophers? Why or why not? What do you need to do in order to be better prepared for these Gospel conversations?
Scripture Passages: Luke 17-21