The Church, Part 15 – Acts 11:1-18
The Unstoppable Force for you
1. What stood out to you in the message?
2. Have you ever experienced an unstoppable force? Maybe something that forcibly pulled you or pushed you? Tell your group about it.
3. Have you ever had to trust in God’s sovereignty to take you through a situation in your life? Tell your group about it.
4. Why is Cornelius’ story so important to us? How did it affect where the movement of the church was going? How does it still affect the movement of the church today?
5. How do you explain the change in attitudes from Acts 11:2 to Acts 11:18? How does this connect to Matthew 28:18-20 and Acts 1:8?
6. How does God’s sovereignty give you comfort? Give you courage? Give you confidence? Explain.
7. Pastor Chad concluded the message by asking if you truly trusted God and His sovereignty. So, how do you struggle to trust God and His control in your life and in the world? How does that affect your faith? How can you overcome that lack of trust?
Scripture Passages: Revelation 13-17