The Christmas Connection, Part 4 – Isaiah 9:6-7
Do You Need Some Hope?
1. What stood out to you in the message?
2. What is your favorite memory of the Christmas Season? Why is it your favorite?
3. Pastor Chad focused on a prophecy found in Isaiah 9:6. Imagine if you were there when Isaiah spoke this prophecy? A time of great fear and sadness. What would you have felt in that moment? How would this prophecy bring hope into your life?
4. Of the names/titles given in this prophecy, which one do you identify with most? Why?
5. When you read these names/titles together, what type of person do you imagine in your mind? How is that image fulfilled by Jesus as your Lord and Savior?
6. What does it mean that “the increase of his government and of peace there will be no end” (verse 7)? How does the eternal peace of Jesus apply to your life?
7. Pastor Chad spoke about how Christmas may be a time of pain and sorrow for some people. If this is you, how can Jesus be your “Wonderful Counselor” through His love? If you know someone that struggles in this season, what can you do to connect them to Jesus as their “Wonderful Counselor”?
8. Pastor Chad had a main question that he posed in the message: Why do we celebrate Christmas? Why do YOU celebrate Christmas? How can you connect others to that reason this Christmas Season?
Scripture Passages: Isaiah 9 & 53