The Beatitudes Part 9, Matthew 5:3-12
1. What stood out to you in the message?
2. What celebrity have you dreamed of meeting? If you could hang out with them, what would you do? What would you talk about?
3. How honest are you with yourself? Could your heart be deceiving you about your motives?
4. 1 Timothy 1:5 says that our purity will lead to love. Do your obedience and motives lead to loving others? If not, why not?
5. The promise to this Beatitude is that “they shall see God.” This promise is connected to the beginning and the end of the Bible and is about our intimate relationship with God. What does “seeing God” mean?
6. Review the questions that Pastor Chad gave that helps evaluate your motives (if no one knew what I’m doing, if I don’t get anything from it, and if I am doing it for praise or emotional reasons…). Which of these do you struggle with?
7. How can you be pure in heart this week?
Scripture Passages: Romans 4-8