The Beatitudes Part 8, Matthew 5:3-12 & Luke 10:25-37
1. What stood out to you in the message?
2. Has an authority figure (i.e. police officer, school official, boss, etc.) every been merciful with you when you messed something up? Tell about it.
3. In 1 Timothy 1:12-17, Paul explains some of the reasons and ways that Jesus has shown him mercy. Why is someone like Paul such a good witness to unbelievers (Hint: look at what he says in this passage)?
4. Put verse 16 in your own words. How does your past demonstrate the mercy of Jesus? Do you share this when you tell others about Jesus?
5. Pastor Chad said that “We give mercy because He gave us mercy.” How should Jesus’ mercy in your life be reflected in the mercy that you show others?
6. Who do you struggle to show mercy to? What does that reveal about yourself and your sin?
7. Who can you show mercy to this week? HOW can you show mercy this week?
Acts 27-28, Romans 1-3