Marriage and Honor
1. What stood out to you in the message?
2. How should a Christian navigate today’s dating scene? What makes it complicated or difficult?
3. Hebrews 13:4 says: “Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.” How can a person, whether single or married, hold marriage “in honor”?
4. 1 Corinthians 7 and many other passages teach that a couple should fight for their marriage. How do you save a marriage after anger and bitterness, or when one doesn’t want to work on it?
5. Secular studies overwhelmingly show that marriages that began with cohabitation are less happy and have a higher rate of divorce. Why do you think our culture does not teach these facts? 6. How can you help marriages remain strong? If married, how can you keep your own marriage strong?
Scripture Passages: 2 Thessalonians 1-3