Jesus’ love and purpose is available to everyone
1. What stood out to you in the message?
2. What do you know about your genealogy? What would you like to know about it? How does/would the knowledge of your ancestors impact your life?
3. Pastor Chad spoke about the different people in Jesus’ lineage. Which person from this list (Matthew 1:1-17, Luke 3:23-37) do you most resonate with? Why?
4. How did morally outcast people figure in to Jesus’ coming? Why did God choose to use these morally outcast, rather the morally upright? How does this truth apply to you as a follower of Jesus?
5. In Matthew 1, what titles does Matthew give to Jesus in verses 1 and 16? What do these titles mean? Why does Matthew use them?
6. These genealogies show that God’s promises are trustworthy no matter how much time (or generations) has passed. How does this make you feel about your faith in God? What does it prove about God’s control?
7. Who are the spiritually significant people in your life? How did they impact your life for Jesus? How can you be a spiritually significant person in the life of someone else? Who is that person that you could invest in?
Scripture Passages: Revelation 8-12