Core Values Part 2, 1 Peter 4:8-11
1. What stood out to you in the message?
2. Explain a time or occurrence when someone used their gifts/talents for Jesus, and it personally affected your life in an impactful way. Why was it important that they were serving Jesus’ church in that moment?
3. Why is using your talents and gifts for Jesus and His Church important both for yourself and for others? Why does serving matter?
4. If God were a management consultant hired by your church to evaluate the church and those serving in it, what would He say? How would He go about changing things? What would be His instructions to you?
5. Are you living up to the “calling you have received” (Eph. 4:1) in your work? In your home? In your relationships? In your church? Why? What needs to change?
6. Love is a recurring theme in serving one another as a body of Christ. What comes to mind when you compare your lifestyle of love to this recurring theme? Do you feel that your lifestyle of love stacks up to how Jesus wants you to live? Why?
7. Pastor Chad has continued referring to our church as a “body of Christ”. How does this metaphor make you feel about your place in this body of Christ? Thinking of yourself as a member of this “body”, how do you support this body? How do others support this body?
8. What now? What is God calling you to do with this information about serving His body? How are you feeling called to serve His Church? What are your next steps to follow Jesus in that calling?
Colossians 3-4, 1 Thessalonians 1-3