Church and Culture Part 13, Matthew 5:14-17
1. What stood out to you in the message?
2. What are some interesting bumper stickers that you have seen on cars? What do those bumper stickers say about the person driving that car?
3. If someone watched your every move and listened to all of your words, and they were asked to create a single sentence that sums up who you are and what you stand for, what would that sentence say?
a. Would that sentence be more about your opinions, worries/fears, political views, pursuit of comfort, etc.?
b. Or would it be more about your humility, quiet life, forgiveness, pursuit of loving God and others, and control over your thoughts to make them obedient to Jesus?
4. Pastor Chad spoke about living out the hope of Jesus and not getting distracted by ourselves, our thoughts, or the ways/concerns of the world. What tends to distract you from living out the hope of Jesus? Why?
5. Is the light of your life shining like a 300-watt bulb? A 100-watt bulb? A night light? Why? How can Jesus enable you to shine brighter in today’s culture?
Luke 22-24, John 1-2