Church and Culture Part 12, Titus 2:11-14
1. What stood out to you in the message?
2. As a child, who did you trust the most in your life? Why?
3. What is the difference between the hope of the Christian and wishful thinking?
4. Read Romans 5:1-5. What incident in your life can you look back on and see the truth of verses 3-5?
5. How should a Christian view suffering and disappointment?
6. How much of our hope is to be dependent upon our emotions? On our head knowledge? On our trust in God and His Word?
7. Read Titus 2:11-14. When Paul says “blessed hope”, what does he mean? If “hope” is an “absolute confidence in God and His Word”, how does this passage’s meaning change from the ways you’ve thought about it before?
8. What does a life of “absolute confidence in God and His Word” look like? How does it lead every generation to the life-changing hope of Jesus?