The Story of Easter Part 2, Romans 5:6-11
1. What stood out to you in the message?
2. Have you ever been “let off the hook” for something that you did wrong or were guilty of (i.e. a speeding ticket, punishment at school, parent overlooked something you did, etc.)? How did it feel to not receive that punishment?
3. Read Romans 5:1-11. How does “justification” change things in our relationship with God? How does this justification affect the wrath of God mentioned in verse 9?
4. How is our condition before Jesus described in verses 6, 8, and 10?
5. Pastor Chad spoke about Jesus’ work on the cross being so much more than what most people think. It wasn’t just an act of reconciliation between us and God, but it leads to our being adopted as children of God. What is the difference between these two rewards?
6. This Easter, who do you need invite to experience Jesus’ salvation?